
On Monday night we headed to Farmington to stay with Elliot's cousin Travis and his wife Lorraine and kids Sarah and Garrett. The drive is less than 20 minutes, but Stella was EXHAUSTED! We took them to dinner and then the kids played. Stella goes to sleep so much easier when she's played so hard during the day with friends/cousins!
Tuesday was a big day for us. Shannon and Lisa were my very first roommates at Ricks College. They are hilarious! I was so excited to see them! Of course, Stella made a best friend out of Shannon's daughter Sydney who had the coolest princess castle tent in her room. She also managed to make Aaron cry because she recognized that he was the only boy in the house and decided to make it a GIRLS ONLY castle. I knew what was happening before I even entered the room. Sorry Aaron.

Why I love this picture . . . it's the face Shannon is making in about 90% of my pictures from college from 12 years ago.

I didn't think I was that much taller than them. Hello Amazon woman!

Shawn, Shannon and Sydney

Anna, Mike, Aaron, Lisa, and Abby
Their husbands got to join us for lunch and when I admitted that I'd never seen the "Thriller" music video, they busted it out for us to watch. It was so much fun to remember the college days and laugh at the dumb things we (they) did. :) Thanks for taking the "long lunch" Shannon and thanks for driving all the way from Orem Lisa! I love you guys!
**********************************
After a little rest, we headed to Lehi to visit Elliot's old mission companion Mark Christensen and his family. All great mission stories involve Christensen in some way and I get along really well with his wife, so we love to visit them! We went out to dinner and let the kids do their best to try to behave in public. Someone else in the restaurant was belching out loud, so we weren't the worst behaved there. We were safe.

Geddy and Eli were really protective of Stella. I think there was a little crush going on and she made it clear that she was a high maintenance princess and they bought the whole thing. They had so much fun jumping on the trampoline and helping Mark with the fireworks.

At one point in the evening, Wesley (age 2) scratched Stella's nose on accident . . . well, the older brothers didn't think it was an accident so they spent the rest of the evening getting back at poor Wesley and protecting the diva Stella. He must be used to it though because he didn't cry at all, even the leg sweep.

I think if there was ever a favorite companion, it'd be Christensen. Elliot and Mark were companions in the MTC and in the mission field in the Dominican Republic.

Mark and Sarah with the kids Wesley, Eli, and Geddy . . . and another little boy due in August! Thanks for letting us visit!
1 comment:
I love you too, Whit! And no worries, Aaron is used to "girls only" events in our house.
It was so much fun! Hopefully we won't have to wait another 10 years or so to do it again!!
Post a Comment