A new, yet hilarious, game. The point is to try to wrap your nylon weighed down with a tennis ball to wrap around your opponents and rip the nylon off of their head without whacking yourself in the face with the tennis ball. Facial hair is a bonus for this game.
"Boy, you've got a panty on your head." - Who knows what movie that quote is from?
Several hours of volleyball. I never realized how competitive and athletic my family is.
My cousins wife Nancy was entertaining the little girls under the shade of a tree by making them necklaces and animals out of the lush leaves.
The water balloon toss & relay. Some of the kids' balloons were filled TOO full, I was just waiting for it to bust!
And the game that beats every other one to crap . . . I can't even explain it because it's too confusing, yet totally hilarious and WORTH IT! Natalie and Adam were making it up that morning, using me as their guinea pig. Here are the directions as I remember them, yes totally confusing, but you might get it from the pictures:
1. Lay down with the pitcher on your head.
2. Other members of your team pour cups of water in the pitcher without using their hands.
3. When the water gets to the line, run it under the volleyball net to the next persons on your team.
4. Squish the pitcher between you and walk to the next cone. Pass it off.
5. Squish the pitcher between you and walk to the next cone. Pass it off.
6. Put the pitcher on your head and hop to the innocent bystanders who are holding tiny Dixie cups.
7. Pour water into 3 cups and RUN back to start all over again.
8. The Dixie cup holders go to the table, draw a paper from the bowl which will tell them either which teams bottle to pour their water in, or to throw the water behind them. (My Dad got doused)
9. Just keep going until your bottle of water runs over!
We woke up really early to drive back to Arizona (took us 11 hours) and Stella slept until Panguitch. She's a really good traveler even if she did ask over 20 times "are we there yet." Seriously.
I'm so glad that we went to Utah for this family reunion! My Uncle Kim and my cousins Heather and Eric planned the whole thing and it was TOTALLY successful! Thank you Kim, Heather & Eric! I love my family!




5 comments:
There's lots of reasons that I'm really sad that I missed the reunion, but one of them is the fact that I didn't get to hear Adam laughing. Man, I miss that guy!
It's from Raising Arizona. Great movie.
I love family reunions and am glad that you had a wonderful time.
Great pictures of the games! They were great games, and I'm glad so many people were willing to participate. That was a fun reunion.
That was a great reunion. I am glad you caught a lot of it on camera. Good times, good times!!! I don't think it was the sun or the games that wore me out. It was the laughing! We missed those who weren't able to make it and are looking forward to the next Anderson Reunion in 2 years!
You Andersons are the craziest family I know! Looks like you have a fantastic time!
Post a Comment