
June 19, 2011 (that was last week)
SICKNESS: none
CRAVINGS: Wendy's Frosty and french fries (same with Stella's pregnancy only I haven't been dipping them)
FEELINGS: I feel like we both had a growth spurt. Interesting, I know, since we're already huge, but I can tell a difference. Suddenly his kicks and punches are reaching into my ribs and in my pelvis at the same time, so I know he's either bigger or there really is more than one baby in there . . . or I have some serious gas. All very good possibilities.
I interviewed 2 midwives and 1 naturopathic doctor and was able to make my decision from those interviews. I hired the midwife that fit my personality and had my first appointment with her 2 weeks ago. Baby Boy is perfect and even had his first inadvertent stress test while we were listening to his heart beat when Stella stood next to my belly and yelled at him. All of my levels are perfect and the midwife even commented without having to touch my legs/ankles that I obviously DO NOT have edema. I have increased my intake of protein to avoid that very thing. Too bad the day after 32 weeks I started swelling a little bit, but there is no comparison to how swollen I was for months with Stella. We're talking tree trunks. All is well and we're right on track for a mid- to end-August birth!
I can say that by 32 weeks I was still completely comfortable and had no complaints at all. 32 weeks and 1 day suddenly got a little uncomfortable. I can still sleep comfortably most of the time unless my legs are restless (which they always are the second I get pregnant), I can still walk around most of the day without waddling and I can still reach things on the floor, however, I really, really, really don't want to wear clothes anymore. So if you happen to show up at my house unexpectedly and it takes me a while to answer the door or if Stella's yelling through the window that I am putting my clothes back on, please forgive me. Also, please forgive me if I actually answer the door when I've forgotten that I've already disrobed. It's your fault for not calling first. :)
People are funny. I recognize that yes, indeed, my belly and some other parts of me have increased significantly in size over the last several months. Have you never seen a pregnant person before? Besides 1 or 2 other questions about just how many babies there might be in there, the most recent comment was an overly dramatic gasp upon my entering the room and the insulting question that followed, "Do you need a wheelchair? YOU'RE HUGE!" It's a good thing I have a friend who is completely complimentary every time she sees me no matter what she really might be thinking.
We had a fairly mild Spring, almost cold. I think I tried to trick myself into thinking that summer would be mild too. Not so. It kind of hit suddenly and let's just say there's a lot of under-boob sweat going on here (I can think of at least 4 people who are really going to enjoy that comment). So Stella and I were in the car last week and I was getting really upset that my A/C didn't seem to be working even though it was on full blast! I could feel little bursts of cool air, but mostly I just couldn't cool down! I was getting a little upset and said, "Ugh, I can't believe the air conditioner isn't working, I'm totally sweating!" . . . to which Stella responded, "Oh, it's because I have my heater on." Poor little thing was freezing in the back seat.
I thought we were close to choosing his name. Yeah, not so much.
THINGS TO DO:
- Wow. We're having a baby. What am I supposed to do? I've seriously forgotten.
- Find a carseat, stroller, and jogging stroller that I like. Any ideas? It's been a while.
- Register for above mentioned items and try to remember what other items babies need.
- Call pediatrician to let her know we're having another baby and ask some questions.
- Continue Hypnobabies scripts, relaxation techniques, and exercises.
- Make final draft of Birth Plan.
- Figure out a way to take back the statement, "You get to hold him whenever you want" that I said to Stella several months ago. I can totally see her in his crib all day.
- Pick his name already, for crying out loud in the middle of the night!
11 comments:
Holy cow, you are the cutest pregnant person EVER. If I looked that cute prego, I'd have another baby tomorrow (yeah right). I will be visiting (not so secret now that I'm commenting here, but I might keep it low-key), in the fall, and I plan on coming over and holding that cute baby boy while Stella is at school. Just try and stop me!
I love your pregnancy updates, mostly I love that you are getting to write pregnancy updates. I am so happy for you! You look amazing by the way. I would have to say that whoever it is that is making bad comments is joking and they aren't very good at joking, so you should either laugh at them or slap them (they'll get the message).
You look STUNNING! I'm so happy for you guys!
Looking great girlie! So happy for you. Don't stress yourself about all the "stuff" babies need. And I am absolutely not envious of you and that belly in the AZ summer sun...yikes. Thank goodness for AC when it works!
What? You aren't THAT big. Look at your picture. Some people need to keep there very wrong comments to themselves. You look way cute.
As far as baby stuff you need: DIAPERS, (You can never have too many diapers, no really never) wipes, butt paste, hand sanitizer is nice to have, burp cloths, and bibs. There's a lot more stuff but there's a list to think about.
Oh also as this will be a boy, circumcise or not? As I'm not a male this didn't cross my mind until the Dr asked about it after Tyler was born. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :)
i recommend finding a car seat that has higher weight limit, since it's recommended to keep them rear facing until 2 years now, not 1yr. so weight is huge, also check out where the adjuster strap is for the harness tightness, you don't want one that is behind the kid, but near hte crotch. also, what kind of recline adjuster do you like? personally i find hte graco's a lot more user friendly, we have a safe seat. sorry, i'm a car seat tech, that's why this is technical!
people are crazy!! You are either too big or too small, but occasionally you'll get that kind person who just says something nice for a change:)
You look beautiful though. Seriously! If you want, I'll make you one of those silhouette pictures of your belly profile, like the one I made when I was pg with Dallin. I would just need a full on profile picture. Let me know if you'd want one:)
Once again I see your picture and say with a huge smile, "she looks so good!" And yes, I say it out loud even though there is no one else around. I had my first night sleeping in the recliner the other night instead of the bed...that's when I know I am getting much bigger and much much more uncomfortable. Every time I think I am feeling too hot, I will think of you in AZ sweating it out these last few weeks and it will inspire me to not complain and just squirt my spray bottle on myself and smile. Good luck with all you want to do before baby boy comes. I will be thinking of you.
You are a truly gorgeous pregnant woman!
You look great! When I was pregnant I wore a white sheet, green apron, bakers hat and garments and I felt crap! Syick with ordinary clothing!
You look fabulous! For everything else there is always the "bubble of peace" :)
Post a Comment