
Elliot had his annual company conference at the Four Seasons Resort in Scottsdale this year. I seem to recall taking Stella for a night last year and vowing never to bring her again, but there she is. She gets so incredibly excited about staying at hotels and resorts that she is even more impossible to get to bed. She finally zonked out after 11 p.m. and many, many threats on her life, but not before she knocked a Heineken out of the fridge and broke it. Luckily we didn't have to pay for it.

The next morning I got a prenatal massage. Holy moly. Wow. Amazing. I should get one every week! Elliot is so wonderful for signing me up! Elliot was also able to finally enjoy his very first massage while he was at the resort. He's never wanted one (or had time), so when someone else canceled and he had a morning free of meetings, he got one and LOVED IT!

Elliot and Stella went swimming during my massage and I joined them a little later. We went to eat lunch at the President's suite and Stella go to hold Elliot's coworker's new baby girl. She was in heaven! I had to laugh because as I was talking to the mother of the wee babe about her birth story, suddenly I looked up and noticed that EVERYONE in the room had shifted from the seating area to standing in the dining area. What? Have you never heard a birth story or do you just not like hearing about placentas?

The night we got there, we joined Elliot in his schmoozing of the clients. I guess in previous years, everyone had been a little rowdy meeting in just one suite, so they split it up into 4 suites that everyone could rotate to throughout the evening. Stella acted all shy when we first got there, but within a minute, we looked over in the corner where we heard laughing and saw her sitting there with some clients chatting it up and making them laugh. It's still a mystery how she is my child. She talked to everyone and told them ridiculous stories until Elliot got embarrassed and sent us back to our room.

I was able to join Elliot again on Friday night (thank you Grandma for watching Stella). He was in meetings most of the day, so I got to spend a little bit of time at the pool and take a soak in the tub. He let me join him in his evening rotation of chatting with clients at different suites and didn't even send me back to the room because I didn't embarrass him with stories like Stella does. However, he may have been embarrassed by my size because apparently I'm huge. For as I walked into one of the suites, someone took one look at me, gasped over-dramatically, and said, "Do you need a wheelchair? You're HUGE!" Seriously people . . . have you never seen a pregnant person?!
No comments:
Post a Comment