Monday, December 29, 2008

Baby Drew Roberts

I don't actually have a list written out of things I want to see or do in my lifetime, but if I did, SEEING SOMEONE GO INTO LABOR would be one of them. Thank you Liz!

I must also apologize to Liz because I totally thought she was faking! We were all at Book Club 2 weeks ago eating, discussing, having a good time when we all noticed Liz's face start to tense up. Discussion of the book went out the window as everyone's hands went directly to her belly to feel her contracting while Emily tested out her midwife skills of relaxation.

Now I thought Liz was faking because the next contraction came awfully fast and since I've never experienced going into labor and have never seen anyone in labor, I thought for sure that it couldn't happen like that. Once again for 2008, I was wrong! I was home by 10:00 and sweet baby Drew was born at 12:40 a.m.! If we only could have discussed that book a little longer I could have checked off another item on my list . . . WATCH A BIRTH!

Drew was born on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 to my friends Liz and Adam Roberts and his big brother Michael! He was 6 pounds 14 ounces. Congratulations!

No comments: