Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wipe your own bum!

Stella and I are having a little difficulty. She doesn't want to wipe her own bum because she thinks it's a waste of time to wash her hands. I've been wiping her poo bum because I do a better job, but I still want her to try to wipe herself. This morning Stella was helping me clean the bathrooms when she suddenly needed to go pee. I was gloved and couldn't (didn't want to) leave in the middle of cleaning the other bathroom, so I told her she could wipe herself or wait. STUBBORN DIBBLE! She waited. And waited. Whined. Waited.

After I was finally done cleaning, I removed my gloves and helped her. She ran into her bedroom and came back out quickly. This is how the rest of our conversation went:

S: "Look Mom!" she said with a VERY angry face as she turned around to point at her naked bum that had ring around the booty.
M: "Uh oh."
S: "This means you should come sooner. You take forever!"

Now she's mad at me.

7 comments:

Steve and Steph said...

That is too hilarious! I so anticipate stories like these as Cooper gets older...thanks for sharing them!

THE BANGARTS said...

I hate that nasty ring around the booty. Usually that also means my legs have fallen asleep by then! I love that Stella!

Anne Bennion said...

Ahh the joys of little kids. I laugh so hard when they try to scold adults and then run off and pout.

The Robinsons said...

We have the opposite problem here. Casey refuses to let anyone help and then complains at the end of the day because his bum hurts! Good thing we bathe him every night and he only poops once a week!

Shellee said...

I hate the bum-ring, My kids think it's funny when they have one.

Kyle said...

Before I had kids...I swore I would never be one of those moms that wipe their kids bums and I KNEW I would teach them to wipe their own bums...turns out I lied to myself...sometimes its just easier to do it yourself!
I think it's hilarious that she was mad at you about it...funny!

The Earls said...

That's funny that Stella actually leaves to go look at her bum to notice the ring. We have the same concern with Donovan. He hates to wipe himself. We keep telling him that he needs to learn because we won't be there at kindergarten to wipe it for him. He just pouts.