Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Haircut

It's been over a year since THIS happened.

And now that Stella's hair has grown back (and then some), the sweet little ringlets are gone and it's all stringy and ratty and there is quite a bit of crying involved when brushing it out. She's also trying to become independent in fixing her hair, something I'm not willing to give up until she can wield the flat-iron by herself.

Those of you who know me, know that I'm an advocate of prudent haircuts on little girls, which is why this is so out of the ordinary. I even called my sister to see if she'd talk me out of it . . . she didn't. So here it goes.

BEFORE


AFTER
(8 1/2 inches off)

We both really, really like it! Stella can't stop looking at herself in the mirror and flipping it around. Thanks Candice!

17 comments:

Myra said...

i LOVE it. it makes her look like a little lady. can we call her jo? no, because her hair isn't chopped short like a boy. she still looks very lady-like.

Candice said...

she looks so cute i love it! and i think its so funny that she loves it so much.

Erin Willis said...

Gosh, Stella's hair so much reminds me of my Whitney's hair! It is getting so long and (though I hate to admit it) a bit stringy. She has been asking for a haircut. I just would like to ba able to cut at least 10 inches so we can donate it to Locks of Love. Hailey (my oldest) didn't get her first haircut til her 4th birthday and donated it. Then again when she turned 6 years old. I have a sister who died from cancer so it is kind of a special thing for them to donate their pretty hair to little girls who have lost theirs. Stella's haircut is making me want to get it done very soon. It is way cute!

Kyle said...

Love it...it makes me want to cut all my hair off and I have a hair appointment today...maybe I will do something daring (probably not considering I have had the same style for the last 15 years..time for a change though)!

Fosburgh Family said...

I LOVE it she is such a cute little girl. She looks great with shorter hair.

Melissa M. said...

You are probably saving about 10 minutes a day fixing her hair now! That's smart, what are you going to do with all of that time?
It looks so shiny and sleek now, I really like it.

Kimmie said...

She is a doll! It's perfect! I just might copy her! I love it!

Clarissa said...

Oh, I love it! It's completely adorable on her. I think bobs on little girls are so cute!

Missy said...

She looks so cute with short hair! Good work:)

Natalie Service said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE BANGARTS said...

You know I'm a fan of long hair on little girls, but you're right, her hair looks a lot healthier now. She just aged 5 years though. I love her

Shellee said...

I love it. we did the same thing to Alyssa about the same age and never regretted it. You probably won't regret it either and be very happy that the whining ends.

Anderson Family said...

Super, Super cute!!! I love it!

The Robinsons said...

SO CUTE!!!

The Earls said...

Such a big girl now! It looks very cute!

lisa said...

I love her hair cut! Very cute! :)

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh, SUPER CUTE! I love it!