Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Malcolm's First Haircut

Malcolm has had some serious mullet going on since the day he was born.

He also had a long wispy on top that just looked creepy when I combed it. He also has 2 cowlicks at the crown of his head going in opposite directions. The boy will always have hair problems. I've been saying I'm going to cut it for months, but I've had some interference. It was obviously not curly and therefore had no chance of being cute. It was a mullet plain and simple for those of you who are against cutting children's hair for the first several years. It needs to be done and so it was.

So like all projects that get me into trouble with my husband, my sister Lindsay was involved. This wasn't the plan, but when she arrived at my house we busted out the clippers and buzzed Mal's head (01/24/12).

He did a great job and mostly just didn't know what was buzzing on his head. He's a blondie!

And he loves a bath.

6 comments:

Corinne said...

Way to go! I'm all for cutting those baby mullets. (I couldn't wait to be able to stand long enough to cut Alex's after he was born, it took 3 weeks) He's getting so big and looking like a such a handsome little man. Love following your cute fam on the blog.

mashby said...

Ahhhh, look at that chunk!!!! Want to seriously squeeze him!!! :)

Missy said...

I love them belly and leg rolls! Chunky monkey. His hair looks great, and it reminds me that Dallin's hair is in need of a trim. His hair is curly but when it's long he looks like krusty the clown.

Kimmie said...

I want to gobble that baby up and moosh his cute face and squeeze those chubby arms! he is too cute for words Whitney! Seriously! I am happy to see you've been blogging! i love Stellas piano playing pictures and I am sad I missed her first testimony (we shoulda never moved cause this is just the first of many Evergreen misses) and I love the picture of Malcolms ears being pulled. I miss your family! You 4 are adorable! (I didn't mean to refer to Bishop as adorable. I really meant your family as a whole.)

lisa said...

He is so cute! I love those cheeks!!

Annie said...

such a cute chunky guy!