Monday, May 26, 2008
Girls Camp 2008
Elliot and I went to spend a few days with the girls and Girls Camp in Pine, AZ. It was MISERABLY COLD & RAINING on Friday and Saturday, but Sunday brought the sunshine! I wouldn't have minded staying an extra day because it was so much warmer! I think the girls were having a great time! This year breaks our record of how many girls have gone to girls camp from our ward . . . 5 this year! I love the feeling of time slowing down when I'm camping (and not running after Stella . . . thanks Grandma). I got a nap, I got to read, I got to hang out with my husband, people fed me and cleaned up after me, and I had absolutely no responsibilities. I think everyone should have a day or so of this feeling. It's a good one.
Elliot's new favorite is the marshmallow shooters. As soon as he picked one up, 2 girls started pelting him with mini-marshmallows and even got him in the eye!


President Clegg (our Stake President) was even shooting me, an innocent by-stander, and then he would totally giggle afterwards!
Here are our 3 first-timers on the Zipline - Heather, Beth, and Shea. They were all pretty terrified to go, but they all enjoyed it and went again . . . and I didn't hear about any embarrassing stories that sometimes accompany the zipline.

After Bishop's night of games, the whole camp got together for the Bishop's Challenge. They had to strap this band around their face and stretch it out to bite the marshmallow off of a string (lots of marshmallows going on here).
Elliot couldn't quite reach it in time!
President Brown (our old Bishop) got it with one bite!
President Clegg was actually dancing, yes, dancing as he was eating his marshmallow.
This is Holly the Camp Director. She challenged the last set of bishops and got the band in the eyes! Ouch!

Sunday was a nice day. It's kind of nice to have church outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't believe how much everyone is growing up! Daniel is going to be going to scout camp for the first time too. Looks like everyone had a fun time. It brings back memories of my girls camp experiances when I was that age.
Loved the post and the pictures!
Post a Comment