Monday, December 15, 2008

My Cute Husband

We made the first official move on our adoption journey. We had our fingerprints done on Friday, December 5, 2008. Elliot has perfect little patterns for fingerprints whereas mine, of course, have no pattern and may delay us for a while. Nothing huge, I'll probably just have to get them done again to compare.

Last time Elliot took Stella to the library, he brought back this book. It's an adoption story about a King and Queen who have this painful tugging at their heart. With special glasses, they can see that it's a red thread that leads them to a far away land. The red thread is tied to the ankles of a baby girl and when they ask who the baby belongs to, an elderly lady sees the thread and says, "She belongs to you." So cute. Elliot and the story.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reason the fingerprinting techie couldn't get your fingerprints -- you've worked your fingers to the bone. (At least that's the reason I gave for having the same problem.)

Laurie said...

Okay, first things first... Yay! I'm so glad that you have one step down. Congratulations!

Now, on to #2. In your previous life (before there was Stella), did you work with paper? If you had your hands on a lot of documents, whether it was filing them... or just pushing them around for 8 hours a day (my personal fave)... that might explain why your fingerprints are fainter than Elliot's. (I just giggled that I called him something besides Bishop. Gosh, I'm such a dork.) Anyway... just a thought. :)

Steve and Steph said...

I keep commenting on your blog today...I hope you don't mind. That book looks so adorable! Steve and I really want to adopt in the near future. I would love to chat with you guys about it sometime.

The Robinsons said...

YAY!! So excited for you!

the Smith's said...

I'm excited for your new journey! So fun! I wish your fam all the best!!